Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Vintage Easter Tablescape Thursday


Today, I link with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Thanks for hosting one of my favorite blog parties, Susan!  If you've read my blog (AT ALL), then you might have an inkling that I like to collect.  (Ha, Ha!)   So, I thought I'd show you some of my vintage Easter decor. 

Let's take a look at the table.
The rabbit came from Home Goods and the "Happy Easter" sign came from Wal-mart,
a few years ago.




Do you spy a baby in this one?

My olden things have been collected over time.  Some are salt and pepper shakers...



One is a pitcher (not the prettiest you'll ever see!).

And one is just plain ugly, but I 'adopted' it because it was soooo ugly, I felt sorry for it.


Some are just figurines...


 
My favorites...


I think I bought the egg cups at an antique store some years ago, but I'm not certain. 
The pink 'flower balls' came from Michael's this year.


I also used these little slag vases for egg holders.


I picked up the topiaries last year at GW for I think, $4 each. I think I intended to blog about them, but I believe I never got to it, once I found out I was pregnant. I had planned to paint the pots because the color just didn't do it for me; however, I foofed them up this year with the butterflies and ribbon, and I'm liking them a little better. What do you think, to paint or not to paint?

(Look, she's learning to Tablescape!  LOL!  We had to get her a toy laptop because she keeps trying to type on mine while I'm typing.  Must be in her genes, huh?  :) 



The place settings...

salad plates - Garden Party by Spode



white plates - TJ Maxx, last year (no name on the back)


gold chargers - Wal-mart
silverware - Chateau by Oneida
green glasses - Target, this Easter

napkin rings - The Wacky Rabbit, Myrtle Beach, SC (I was told they have been discontinued)

I prefer to use paper napkins because...I'm a germaphobe and let's just say I have 'issues' with cloth napkins.  LOL!
napkins - Home Goods
the rabbit candy dishes came from various places - 1 from Cracker Barrel, 2 from thrifts & I think 1 came from Target
everything else - I can't remember

And finally, our Easter table would be complete without...
a cross...

I also want to thank Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for having a tassel giveaway because I actually won it!  Amazing!  I also want to thank Angela, who has the Etsy store called The Tassel House because she made the tassel and sponsored the giveaway.  Isn't he cute?

I hope to show you a little more of my vintage Easter decor at Lynette's Easter Decor Party on March 31st.  Be sure to join her!

I'm also linking to The Vintage Easter Blog Hop on March 28th hosted by Joan at The Potting Shed - Anything Goes Here.  Be sure to join her too!

Thanks for stopping by!  I also want to thank those new Followers that have joined me!  I use to go by and thank each one personally, but I'm not sure how to do that since they've changed the way 'Followers' is now.  I don't get to post as often as I would like, but I will still post and visit as I get free time! 
Have a Happy Spring, everyone!

35 comments:

Amelia said...

Yours is my favorite Easter table setting I have seen this year on the blogs. Also loved seeing little one in the background.

Spring is here - according to the calendar - now if the weather would just cooperate.

God bless you.

Amelia

Allie and Pattie said...

How pretty! I loved every bit of it- but I WANT those Spode salad plates! Stunning! have a wonderful Easter!
xoxo Pattie and Allie

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Those spode plates are lovely, I love the whole setting, the vintage pieces are so unique and could not be replaced, thank you for sharing this lovely table, fun and sofisticated...Phyllis

Red Couch Recipes said...

I love the green salad plates and the white plates were so pretty it is a shame to cover them up. Loved the Easter grass too. Joni

santamaker said...

I love your table! It's just too cute for words...I know your family is going to enjoy it so much. Yay for collectors!

helenabelle said...

I am lovin' those cute little salt and pepper shakers!! The table looks so spring and fun. :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Awwww, I see a sweetie in the background...she'll be tablescaping as soon as she can walk! LOL I love your Easter table! Will you leave it set to Easter...tooo wonderful to take down! Those salad plates are wonderful! Great snag on those topiaries!
XOXO

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

This is such a beautiful Easter tablescape! I really like your vintage pieces, and those lidded bunnies on each plate is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty plates -- and what fun everyone's having frolicking across your bright pink Easter grass!

Tricia said...

How fun to use items you've collected over the years! I love the placesetting -- those green placemats really make the plates and glassware stand out. Pretty!

Marigene said...

Adorable Easter table...love the little 2 piece bunny dishes on each plate.

Bill said...

You must have had SO much FUN creating this festive table! Congrats on winning the tassel giveaway. It obviously went to the perfect recipient!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!
Bill

P.S. The topiaries worked great here ... I guess my vote is paint, but only if you really want to. ;)

Debbiedoos said...

That is a fabulous easter table! The plates are super! I did not realize you where on RMS...did you have a post...i was a regular for year on there...then I went to blogging per the encouragement of RMS'ers....have great day! Oh and rumor has it, I will be doing the commercial for the Mooresville store too:)

Teresa's New Life said...

Oh my this is a festive table!!! I love the big bunny centerpiece and those salad plates are scrumptious! Just so pretty- all of it!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Ok thanks that makes sense...all those lovely ladies where before my time...although I have seen Susan on there but no the other gals!~ Anyhow, thanks again, and yes I hope WOW comes soon for you too!

kenju said...

Yes, it's very festive. The salad plates are really wonderful!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Do you know how much I love this table? Of course you do, because if you love it, so do I! This is so pretty! Of course, I love all of your vintage treasures. And I'm also loving that big white bunny! Those salad plates are beautiful! Those egg cups are so cute, and how smart to put a flower in them. I cannot believe you paid $4 for those topiaries! I've been looking for some like that, and they are all soooo expensive! Oh, and that precious baby crawling on the floor is just soooo cute! laurie

Jeanne said...

I know this will make you laugh, but I am trying to respond to my Pink Saturday visits. These past few weeks have been sooo busy. Look at me telling you I am busy when you have a baby to care for. I spied her in your tablescape photo and loved seeing her. I want to see more.

Your tablescape is just darling. The pink grass idea is a great idea. It just brings fun and magic to your lovely table. A wonderful Easter post. Love the dishes and all of your sweet Easter treasures.

I am still in Florida with a wedding to attend on Sunday. Then home to my mountains. I can't wait. I hope spring has sprung since I have been gone. It was very dreary when I left over a week ago.Have a wonderful week and kiss and hug that sweet baby girl for me.

Hugs, Jeanne

Envoy-ette said...

I can just FEEL the happiness on that table! I bet those little figurines come to life and party at night!

Miss Janice said...

Love your tablescape. That big bunny makes an awesome centerpiece! I also love the bunny tassel--it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm loving your darling Easter table! The dishes are so pretty and all the little cuties are so precious. I see that other little precious peeping around the topiary!
Thanks for popping in to see our little Carter.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi, Penny! Goodness, what a terrific collection of Easter goodies you have. I love those topiaries with the added butterflies! My daughter couldn't say her "f's" so she always called them butterhies. Beautiful tablescape, but the BEST part was seeing your precious daughter crawling around ~ her feet are really flying in one pic!! How fun!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a cute EASTER tablescape...lu that BUNNY...HomeGoods always has such awesome stuff! HAPPY EASTER to you:)

Blessings,
Linda

Sharlotte said...

What a pretty table. I LOVE the colors of your dining room...they make everything just POP! Your table is so friendly and welcoming. Thanks so much for sharing and visiting my blog.
Sharlotte

mimi said...

Hello,
I am hoppin over from the vintage Easter blog hop. Oh my goodness what a beautiful table setting. Those Spode garden party plates are amazing but just as lovely are the white ones underneath. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog and I wish you a Blessed Easter.
Mimi

The Charm of Home said...

I love your salad plates. What a sweetie Jr. tablescaper you have there. She looks to be needing her own tea set soon.:) The topiaries are wonderful.

★Carol★ said...

What a beautiful Easter table you've set! I'm in love with everything on it, especially the bunny centerpiece and the little bluebird with the flower hat! And such a great idea to use cute s&p shakers in there too. You'd never know that's what they are!
Happy Easter!
Carol

Gwendolen Elaine said...

I love the whimsical bluebirds in your tablescape...and what would Easter, or any holiday for that matter, be without our little ones?You did a lovely job...Happy Easter!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Such a pretty table! I love the chick, birds, and bunny figurines. So cute!

Debbie

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

This is such an enchanting table!! You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for giving us all a peek!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x
P.S. Especially loved the tiny baby in the background in the one image...the most priceless treasure of all. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what a fun, festive Easter table! I want to come to your house for Easter, and I bet your kids just love it! And is that your little baby bunny girl I spy in that picture??? Awwww....

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

my goodness, what a table!! love it
thanks for sharing
happy spring
michele

xinex said...

HI Tar! Your table and decorations are beautiful. I bet the kids enjoy them. I love the topiaries and what a deal and the plates are very pretty....Christine

anythinggoeshere said...

Wonderful table with fun Vintage Easter Treasures. Thank you so much for joining the Vintage Easter Blog Hop. Joan@anythinggoeshere. AKA your hostess

Debbie said...

What a fun, colorful Easter table. Your salt and pepper shaker collection is so cute. Happy Easter.